The Story of Living Money
The truth about you and your challenges, us and our solution, and our services
You are unique and wonderful
‘You are a unique and wonderful human being. There is so much you have achieved already, and so much more you can achieve. In your heart of hearts you know you want to make a difference – to yourself, your family, your community, your work, your world. Yet you find yourself constrained by time, by money, by fear, by the rules of the world.
‘So how would it feel to have someone walk alongside you, working with you to maximise your potential and live a truly wholehearted and authentic life? How would it feel to have someone work with you to make the most of your time and resources? How would it feel to have someone accompany you on a journey to build a new relationship with money, free of greed, envy, comparison, uncertainty and “I don’t have enough…”? How would it feel to have someone work with you to gain the courage, power and resources to live your dream?
‘I hope it would feel good. I hope it would leave you soaring like a bird in the sky. In fact, I know it would because I’ve done it myself and for the last 15 years that’s what I have done for my clients. I can do it for you, too.’
The truth about us
We combine coaching skills to help you grow, develop and live wholeheartedly with generic financial and resource planning to ensure you have the right resources in the right place at the right time to live life to the full.
Why we exist
We are passionate about building a society in which money is seen as a means to an end, not an end in itself; where contribution comes before consumption; where greed and fear are replaced by understanding and sharing; where sustainability is preferred to waste and exploitation; in short, where you are able to live authentically and with integrity and meaning in your life.
The truth about financial services
Mainstream financial services put your money first and your life second so financial products often don’t meet your personal goals, leaving you frustrated, anxious and stressed.
The truth about you
You are part of a professional or entrepreneurial family bringing up your children and keeping an eye on older parents. It is often a struggle to master your life and your money.
What you care about
You care about your family and your work and you value quality, individuality, and authenticity. Longer term, you care about what life will look like after work and children.
Jeremy Deedes’ Story
Jeremy Deedes founded Living Money after a long career in financial services during which he experienced all the ups and downs of financial markets and their impact on people’s lives. He is the author of the acclaimed book Right Money, Right Place, Right Time.
Jeremy writes his own personal and professional blog at www.jeremy.deedes.com, where you can read more about him.
In this video, Jeremy tells his story and describes how his own difficult money experiences prompted him to become a financial adviser, then a financial planner, life planner and, ultimately, a life and financial coach.
Putting life before money
At the leading edge
The value of experience
What worries you? (Click to expand)
Families talk about their concerns when they meet us for the first time. Here are a just a few of their comments:
- ‘We don’t know where we are now, especially financially, so our lives are full of stress and anxiety.’
- ‘We are not leading the lifestyle we aspire to.’
- ‘We worry about what is going on in the world.’
- ‘Our finances don’t support our goals and dreams.’
- ‘We feel we are on the cusp of making a seriously bad decision.’
- ‘We are asset rich and cash poor.’
- ‘We work hard for our money, but don’t think our money is working hard for us.’
In fact, as you can see below, these all boil down to three fundamental flaws in their life and money, which we address through our unique blueprint for mastering your life and money. If you are in a similar situation, then get in touch with us today.
From hundreds of meetings with clients, we know that when you say something like ‘I’m worried I don’t have enough savings’ it is only the tip of the iceberg. When we explore deeply we find that you have three key issues that you really want to deal with. You have hazy life goals and no financial plan, your assets are not performing as expected and you are not leading the life you aspire to. As a result, your lives are mired in uncertainty, anger and anxiety.
Here are three who found out how to sleep at night and live wholeheartedly by day.
Listen to Lynn
Hear Bill & Thelma
The Three Pillars
We have identified three pillars necessary for a worry-free and wholehearted life
- Why? Anxiety and fear arises from not knowing where you are now. You have no basis for informed decision making
- How? Dive in, get the facts, dig deep, tell your stories, understand the ‘rules of your world’, model current and future finances
- Leads to: Clarity, confidence, trust and ownership of your life and resources; immediate problems resolved
- Why? Money is a means to an end, not an end in itself. You can’t properly manage your resources until you know what they are for
- How? Work out important values and goals, overcome obstacles, develop a plan and enact it
- Leads to: Change for the better, vitality and direction and a comprehensive life plan to enable you to structure your finances
- Why? Because you cannot change your life without addressing your finances
- How? Systematically restructure your finances to meet your new goals and values
- Leads to: Finances running in the background and working hard to support you desired lifestyle and a financial plan to implement yourself or to give to your financial adviser to implement
FUTURE is our blueprint for addressing shortfalls in these three pillars to ensure your life and money work in harmony
The Living Money Blueprint (click to expand)
Here is an outline of FUTURE, our unique and tested financial life planning blueprint to master your money and your life. We will follow this process when you work with us personally or in a group.
- Foundation: Self-exploration to develop clarity and peace of mind
- Utopia: Discover your goals
- Transformation: Strategies to overcome challenges and obstacles
- Utilisation of resources: Optimise your financial, physical and personal resources
- Roadmap: Bring it all together
- Engage: Put it into action
Download our brochure to read more about FUTURE and how it can help you.